Quick and Easy Spicey Refried Bean Dip
This is a great party dip. I've learned to put out small bowels when several of our friends come over for dinner as they will eat the entire thing before I can get dinner out. They LOVE it. Play with the flavors in this dip by changing the type of salsa and chili powders you use. There's no right or wrong chilies or salsa, just use what you like or have on hand. You can vary the heat depending on the type of salsa and chili powders you use. Have Fun! What the heck, try adding some diced fresh peppers while you're at it. ps. Left over dip (if you ever have any) is great the next day with eggs.
- 1 ea. 15 oz can refried beans (refried black beans are best)
- 1 ea. 15 oz can black beans
- 1 ea. 4 oz can diced mild green chilies
- 1 cup fresh hot, medium or mild salsa depending on the amount of heat you like.
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheese, cheddar, jack, pepper jack or Mexican cheese.
- 2 Tb mild chili powder (pure ground chilies such as New Mexico or pasilla)
- 1 Tb hot chili powder (pure ground chilies such as de Arbol)
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes (I like this spice hot and use a Tb of red pepper flakes)
- Salt to taste
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Microwave on high until hot and heated through and cheese has melted.
Leave a review or comment