Quick And Easy Chicken Alphabet Soup
- 6 1/2 c. chicken broth (homemade or possibly canned)
- 1 can tomatoes with their juice - (16 ounce) minced
- 1 pkt frzn mixed vegetables - (10 ounce)
- (corn, green beans and carrots or possibly a favorite combination)
- 1/2 tsp dry oregano or possibly basil
- 1/2 c. alphabet or possibly other small pasta
- 2 x skinned boned chicken breasts (abt 10 ounce) rinsed, and
- cut into 1/2" cubes
- Salt to taste
- Freshly grnd black pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan or possibly Dutch oven, bring broth, tomatoes with their juice, vegetables and oregano to a boil over medium heat, breaking up vegetables with a spoon to separate as they cook. Reduce heat to low and simmer till vegetables are tender, about 10 min.
- Increase heat to high so soup returns to a boil. Gradually stir in pasta, keeping broth at a boil. Cook over medium heat till pasta is almost but not quite tender, about 3 min. Add in chicken breasts and continue cooking till both chicken and pasta are cooked, about 3 more min. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve soup warm.
- This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.
- Comments: Use alphabet pasta or possibly any small shape you like, such as small bows or possibly pastina in this recipe. Adjust the cooking time so the pasta and chicken are finished at the same time.
Leave a review or comment