Pumpkin Pie PuddingPrep: 5 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 4by Kitchen Dreaming4 recipes>
I've always liked the flavor of pumpkin pie but never actually cared for the pumpkin pie itself. I'm one of those people that really does not like pie crust. Never have. So every year when my Mom was making the holiday pies, she would make me some pumpkin pie pudding with the leftover ingredients she had on hand. She'd put it into the fridge to chill and wen the pie and coffee was served after dinner, she'd always bring out cups of pumpkin pie pudding for the two of us.
- 6 Tablespoons Sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 3/4 cups 1% lowfat milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup canned unsweetened pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Combine 6 tablespoons sugar and 2 tablespoons cornstarch in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Combine milk and egg, stirring well with a whisk. Gradually add milk mixture to sugar mixture, stirring constantly, and bring to a boil. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Combine pumpkin, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice and salt in a bowl. Stirring until well incorporated. Slowly add pumpkin mixture to milk mixture, whisking constantly. Place pan over low heat, and cook for 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring constantly (do not boil). Divide pudding evenly among 4 dessert bowls, and cover surface of pudding with plastic wrap to prevent it from forming a skin over the top. Chill until read to serve.
- Top with a dollop of whipped cream and chopped, toasted walnuts.
Leave a review or comment