Pumpkin Cranberry Nut GranolaPrep: 10 min Cook: 35 min Servings: 28by Salad Foodie398 recipes>
Need a last-minute food gift or host gift idea? This makes, bakes, cools and can be bagged within an hour! Use as a topping on yogurt, ice cream, plain cereal, or as an out-of-hand snack while waiting for the holiday festivities to begin!
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup pecans or walnuts coarsely chopped and toasted (or whole pumpkin seeds - pepitas)
- Set oven to 325 degrees F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- (NOTE: Either bake one sheet at a time in middle of oven, or bake at same time on two racks, switching positions halfway through each timing to achieve even baking.)
- In large bowl combine oats, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and salt.
- In smaller bowl beat together brown sugar, pumpkin, egg white, oil and vanilla. Pour this mixture into oats and stir well until evenly coated.
- Spread onto the two prepared baking sheets in even layers. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove pans from oven and turn granola over with spatula. Bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and stir in cranberries and nuts. Cool on pans and break up if needed. Store in canister, or bag granola and tie for gifts as desired.
- Yield: About 6 cups, or 28 ounces of granola
Leave a review or comment