Pulled Pork TacosPrep: 15 min Cook: 6-8 hours Servings: 6by John Spottiswood300 recipes>
A good friend of ours kept raving about these tacos, so we made her give us the recipe. We cooked them tonight and they were absolutely delicious! I've tasted this flavor before, but never been able to duplicate it. The combination of flavors is just amazing. I don't eat too much meat anymore, and when I do I want it to be worth it. These definitely are. Have them at home or bring them to a tailgate or picnic and they will be a huge hit!
- 2.5 pounds boneless pork shoulder roast or pork butt
- 2 cups fresh salsa from the store...plus more for serving
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp dried oregano leaves (not powder)
- Kosher salt to taste
- 18 corn tortillas (or flour if you prefer)
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- Other options include chopped tomatoes, chopped avocados, chopped onions, etc.
- In a 4-6 quart slow cooker, combine the salsa, chili powder, oregano, cocoa, and 1 tsp salt. Add pork and turn to coat.
- Cook covered until the meat is tender and pulls apart easily, on high for 6-8 hours.
- Twenty minutes before serving, heat oven to 350 F. Stack the tortillas, wrap them in foil, and bake until warm about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, using two forks, shred the pork and remove any obvious fat chunks. Stir into the cooking liquid. Serve with the tortillas, cilantro, sour cream, lime, extra salsa, and other optional fixings.
Leave a review or comment