Potatoes, Fried Home Style
This recipe is similar to the way my Father would cook potatoes on a Sunday morning. I added the Bell Peppers. If it was good weather, we would cook outdoors on our open fireplace. The wood smoke would add a great flavor, as it does to everything. Bacon, eggs, and pancakes were awesome, when cooked outdoors. A pot of coffee, keeping warm, beside the fire. Boy, did I ever have a great childhood. It brings tears to my eyes, just thinking about it.
- 1 tablespoon Butter for onion and bell pepper
- 1 medium Onion, diced
- 1/2 each Green Bell Pepper, diced
- 1-1/2 pounds of unpeeled Yukon Gold Potatoes, cut in 3/4" cubes
- 1 tablespoon Butter for microwaving the Potatoes
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large nonstick buttered skillet, on medium heat, add the onion, and bell pepper. Cook for 8 minutes, then remove to a bowl for later. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, microwave the unpeeled and cubed potatoes, topped with butter (cover with plastic wrap), for 8 minutes, stirring them half way. To a buttered skillet, on medium, add the potatoes. Spread them out evenly, and let cook for 5 minutes, then stir them around, and let cook for another 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally. When nearly done, return the onion & bell pepper to the skillet, and add the garlic salt, and pepper, and continue cooking till potatoes are rich golden brown and tender. Adjust the seasoning to your liking. Serve and enjoy.
- It's only 257 Calories, 12g Fat. 33g carbs., 231mg Sodium a serving.
Leave a review or comment