Potato & peas dry curry
"This is usually made as a gravy curry, but I like to make it dry too. It tastes as good and goes well with Roti, naan or just plain rice. Not many ingredients go into this dish yet this is full of flavour and very satisfying."
- 2 Potatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced thinly
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Salt to taste
- 4 green chillies, chopped
- 1 tsp Indian Garam Masala (if you don't have garam masala,use plain indian curry powder-it will taste as good)
- 2 tsp coriander chopped, for garnishing
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil for frying
- Boil potatoes and peas separately for 10-15 minutes or till soft and tender but not mushy.
- Heat oil in pan and add cumin seeds.Let it splutter
- Add turmeric and onions and saute well.Add green chillis and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the boiled potatoes and peas and mix well. Sprinkle the garam masala / curry powder and salt and fry for another 3-5 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped coriander. Serve this with hot and steaming Indian basmati rice, naan or put inside bread to make sandwiches.
- Alternatively, make roti wraps,with some tomato sauce and chopped fresh vegges thrown in.
Leave a review or comment