Potato Leek Soup
Super easy, but so delicious. This was my favorite soup growing up.
- 8 c. chicken stock
- 6 med. potatoes, peeled & diced
- 6 celery stalks, cut into 1" pcs
- 3 med. leeks (including 2/3 of green part, cut into 1" pcs)
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 c. lowfat sour cream or possibly yogurt
- Put stock in a large pot over medium high heat.
- Add in potato, celery and leek.
- Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook until vegetables are tender.
- Puree in a food processor or blender.
- Return to saucepan. Add in butter, stir until it melts.
- Ladle into bowls piping hot.
- Top each with lowfat sour cream or yogurt.
- Can also add in slivers of chives to each bowl if you'd like.
Leave a review or comment