Portuguese StewPrep: 15 min Cook: 60 min Servings: 4by Laurie Alves146 recipes>
This is a page from the Grandmother's Unwritten Cookbook. Readers you will be tasting my heritage and genuine spirit in this dish. When preparing it, I thought about how different it is when looking at my normal "Comfort Food" Dishes. While I truly love this dish, I know there are readers who will question the ability of the ingredients to meld into a true Entree. Please believe me when I say it does and it does WELL!!
- 3-4 Medium to Large White Potatoes
- Olive Oil for bottom of pan (2-3 tbsp)
- 1 lg Yellow Onion Sliced (Cut onion in half then slice and separate.
- 1/2 Green Pepper diced small
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 3 tbsp Garlic chopped
- 2 tbsp Red Crushed Pepper (Sub: 2 tsp Dry Red Pepper flakes)
- Garlic and Red Pepper together before adding.
- 1 lb Linguica or Chouriço (can sub Good Italian Sausage or Polish Sausage)
- 1 lb Fresh Green Beans (cleaned and ends cut) *important, do not use canned beans too mushy.
- 3/4 cup Chicken Stock (or White Wine or Beer)
- 1/2 cup Tomato Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Cilantro or Flat Leaf Parsley
- Heat oven to 400Â°f
- In a Baking dish add 2 -3 tbsp Olive oil to coat bottom.
- Add Potatoes, Onion & Green Peppers.
- Sprinkle with the Salt and Pepper.
- Top with 1 lb ChouriÃ§o or LinguiÃ§a
- Cut into bite size pieces.
- (remember it shrinks so not too small)
- You want the ChouriÃ§o / Sausage on top of the potatoes, because as it roasts, the juices from the sausage with drip down over the potatoes flavoring them. Yum!!
- Dot the whole mixture with dabs of the Garlic and Red Pepper mixture.
- Oven Roast at 400Â° for 30-35 minutes.
- Add: 1 lb FRESH Green Beans
- 3/4 cup Chicken Stock (or Beer or White Whine, your preference)
- 1/2 cup Tomato Sauce (can sub leftover marinara)
- Pour over top .
- Toss everything together. Combine as best as you can.
- Top with 2 tsp Cilantro chopped or Flat Leaf Parsley chopped (Your preference)
- Roast for additional 30 minutes or until Beans and potatoes are Fork Tender.
- Serve with crusty bread & Enjoy!
Leave a review or comment