Pork With Red Cabbage And Apple
- 3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 sm red cabbage finely shredded
- 1 x cooking apple peeled cored and sliced
- 1 Tbsp. demerara sugar
- 1 Tbsp. plain flour
- 1 x salt and pepper
- 900 gm boneless pork joint rolled
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil.
- Add in 1 tbsp of the vinegar and the cabbage. Bring back to the boil then drain well.
- Place the cabbage and apple slices in a casserole dish.
- Toss in the sugar flour and remaining vinegar.
- Season to taste and stir well.
- Sprinkle the joint with salt and pepper.
- Place on top of the cabbage and put the lid on.
- Put the ovenshelf on the floor of the roasting ovenor for a 4 ovenaga on the third set of runners from the top of the baking ovenand bake the pork for 2 hrs till the meat is tender.
- Serve the pork sliced with the apple and cabbage and some mashed potatoes.
- Use a rolled boneless pork joint for this recipe it will be perfect for pot roasting. red cabbage and apple go very well together and add in moistness to the pork.
- Serves 6
Leave a review or comment