Pork Sausage and Vegetable Casserole
I do monthly cooking demonstrations at a local food panty with friends. We also have a vegetable garden every summer and the proceeds are donated to the food pantry. We try to incorporate items available in the food pantry to their clients with vegetables we harvest in our garden to create and share recipes. The food pantry is often stocked with bags of frozen pork sausage patties. This summer we will be harvesting zucchini, yellow squash, tomatoes, etc. This recipe includes a pantry item and garden vegetables. Hunt's make a diced "No salt added" can of tomatoes that I like to use for this recipe with basil, garlic and oregano. Fresh tomatoes can also be used instead of canned. Just add a package of Italian Seasoning to the recipe.
- 1 pound pork sausage (ground or crumbled)
- 1 medium onion, (diced)
- 1 small zucchini, (diced)
- 1 small yellow squash, (diced)
- 1 medium potato, ( peeled & diced)
- 2 14.5 oz. cans diced tomatoes, Italian style
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown sausage and onion together in skillet over medium heat, drain.
- Add zucchini, squash, potato, tomatoes and pepper to sausage and onions.
- Mix throughly and place in 9x13 casserole dish.
- Cover with foil and bake one hour or until potatoes are cooked through.
Leave a review or comment