An easy, rich, posole. I call out canned enchilada sauce, but if you have time to make one from scratch the posole is even better.
- 2 lb boneless pork loin cut into 1" cubes (or pork butt)
- 4 Tb vegetable oil, split
- 1 28oz can green enchilada sauce
- 1 28oz can white hominy, drained
- 1 medium onion quartered and coarsely chopped
- 1 4.5oz can diced green chilies
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 ts cayenne pepper or more to taste
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 3 cups water
- Chopped cilantro
- Chopped red onion
- Chopped jalapeno peppers
- Lime wedges
- In a large soup or stock pot brown 1/2 of the pork on all sides in 2 Tb oil and repeat with the second half of the pork and oil.
- Add the enchilada sauce, hominy, onions, green chilies, garlic, cayenne pepper, and salt and pepper, and water.
- Simmer for about 2 hours or until the pork is tender.
- Serve with cilantro, red onion, jalapeno, and lime wedges on the side for garnish..
Leave a review or comment