Pork Pata with Red BeansPrep: 15 min Cook: 2 hours Servings: 1by ShaleeDP1124 recipes>
Another pork pata recipe that are normally cooked when family eats together. So tasty!
- 1 small size pata ng baboy (pork leg sliced 1inch thick)
- 2 cups red beans (or kadyos)
- 2 cups sliced unripe langka (jack fruit) optional
- 1 tbsp. sampalok sinigang mix (tamarind mix/flavoring)
- 1 medium size onion, quartered
- 2 medium size tomato, quartered
- 2 stalks tanglad (lemon grass)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash pata thoroughly, put in a large pot, cover with enough water, bring to a boil for 5 minutes.
- Discard first boiled liquid and rinse boiled pata off scum. Now pour fresh water to cover pork pata add in beans and lemon grass, bring to a boil, and simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until pork and beans are tender.
- Take out all scum that rises to the surface and add more water if necessary.
- Add sampalok sinigang mix, onion, tomato and langka, simmer for 8-10 or until langka is cooked.
- Season with salt and peppers to taste.
- Serve hot with rice.
Leave a review or comment