Pork On A Bun With Bourbon Barbecue Sauce
- 8 ounce boneless pork loin chops cut crosswise
- into 1/4"-thick strips
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lrg onion thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp. bourbon
- 1/3 c. purchased barbecue sauce
- 2 lrg sandwich buns or possibly kaiser rolls split horizontally
- 1/2 c. purchased coleslaw
- Sprinkle pork strips with salt and pepper. Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in pork strips and saute/fry till just cooked through, about 2 min. Using slotted spoon, transfer pork strips to plate.
- Add in onion to skillet. Saute/fry till golden, about 7 min; remove from heat. Add in bourbon and stir up browned bits. Add in barbecue sauce. Simmer till sauce thickens, stirring often, about 3 min.
- Return pork strips to sauce; heat 1 minute. Mound pork strips with sauce on bun bottoms; top with coleslaw and bun tops.
- This recipe yields 2 servings (can be doubled).
- Comments: Celery and jicama sticks with ranch dip and sweet-potato chips are good with this downright delicious sandwich. Finish with squares of crumb cake and chocolate lowfat milk.
Leave a review or comment