Pork chops with thyme and pestoPrep: 15 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 4by Easy Cook - Laka kuharica501 recipes>
- 550g pork chops
- 4 tbs pesto sauce (homemade or bought)
- For marinade:
- ¼ cup thyme, picked
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Using a pestle and mortar pound, or very finely chop, the thyme with coarse sea salt (or very finely chop the leaves and mix them with regular sea salt).
- When pulped, add the garlic and black pepper and pound again.
- Stir in and combine the lemon juice and zest and the olive oil.
- Smear the mixture over the chops and leave to marinate for at least 10 minutes.
- Place the chops in a hot grill or frying-pan. Cook them for 4 minutes on each side at a medium high heat, until nicely charred and golden. Take care not to burn or overcook them.
- Rest the chops for a few minutes, then spoon some pesto over them.
- Serve with a salad with mashed potatoes or steamed rice or (like here) potato gnocchi.
- Pesto sauce
- Combine the basil, garlic, and pine nuts in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Add half of the olive oil and process until fully incorporated and smooth.
- If using immediately, add all the remaining oil and pulse until smooth. Mix in the cheese. Season with salt and pepper and squeeze few drops of lemon juice (optional).
Leave a review or comment