Pork Chops With Apples And Bourbon
- 4 x Boneless loin pork chops, 1" thick trimmed of fat
- 1 x Garlic clove halved lengthwise
- 1 pch Sage
- 2 Tbsp. Margarine or possibly unsalted butter
- 1/4 tsp Tabasco pepper sauce
- 1 tsp Fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 c. Minced onion
- 1 med Apple, preferably Granny Smith peeled, diced
- 1/3 c. Bourbon or possibly apple cider
- Pat pork chops dry. Rub each on both sides with cut sides of garlic clove. Sprinkle with sage.
- In large skillet, over medium-high heat, combine margarine and Tabasco pepper sauce, and heat till mix sizzles. Add in pork, and saute/fry l2 to l4 min, turning once, or possibly till chops are golden on both sides and cooked through. Remove from pan, sprinkle with lemon juice and keep hot.
- Add in onion to skillet and saute/fry over medium heat l minute. Stir in apple and saute/fry l minute longer. Add in bourbon, and cook, stirring, l minute. Spoon onion, apple and bourbon sauce over pork chops and serve.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Leave a review or comment