Pork and red cabbage casserolePrep: 15 min Cook: 70 min Servings: 4by Easy Cook - Laka kuharica497 recipes>
Tasty, hearty casserole rich in vitamins, minerals and dietary fiber.
- 2 tbs oil
- 600 g pork leg (Fresh Ham), cut into cubes
- 150 g onions, chopped
- 300 g apples, peeled, cleaned, cut into cubes
- 100 g carrots, sliced
- 1 tbs raisins
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vegeta or similar seasoning
- 1.2 l water
- 100 ml apple or plum brandy
- 4 prunes
- 250 g red cabbage, cut into thick strips
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- 150 g orecchiette pasta
- 2 tbs parsley, chopped
- Sauté the meat in hot oil until light brown. Add onion and sauté, stirring constantly, until it turns brown.
- Add apples, carrots, raisins, bay leaf, thyme, cinnamon and Vegeta, simmer for a few minutes while stirring.
- Pour water and brandy, let it boil, then reduce heat and cook covered for 30 minutes. Add prunes and cabbage, cook for a further 20 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste and bring to the boil, then remove from heat.
- Cook pasta according to manufacturer's instructions in a slightly salted water, drain, add to the casseroles, season with pepper and stir.
- Serve sprinkled with parsley.
Leave a review or comment