Pork Adobo with PineapplesPrep: 15 min Cook: 25 min Servings: 1by ShaleeDP1124 recipes>
This is another twist of the favorite adobo. Using pineapple juice as replacement to vinegar. I find its taste different and fruity. Try it!
- 1/2 kilo pork, cut in large cube
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, skin/shell on
- 1/4 cup vinegar (optional)
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 head garlic, crushed, chopped
- 1 thumb size ginger, sliced
- 2 small size onion, quartered
- 1 medium size bell pepper, cut into large squares
- 1 tsp. peppercorns
- 2-3 pieces bay leaf (optional)
- To prepare a fresh pineapple, use a small knife and a spoon curve and scoop out the meat from the pineapple, discard the core.
- Cut pork meat into large cubes, set aside.
- In a sauce pan, mix the pork, garlic, ginger, peppercorns, bay leaf, soy sauce, pineapple juice and 1/4 cup of water bring to a boil and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add the onions, pineapple and bell pepper, cook for another 5-10 minutes or until almost dry.
- Remove from pan and pour the adobo in the a deep dish.
- Serve with steamed rice.
Leave a review or comment