- 33 lb pork, diced
- 1 1/2 cups soy sauce
- 1 qt. vinegar
- 1 tsp. (1 clove) garlic, dry, minced
- 4 tbsp. (1 oz) ginger, ground
- 4 bay leaves, whole
- 6 tbsp (4 oz) salt
- 1/2 cup (2 oz) pepper, black
- 2 1/2 cups (12 oz) cornstarch
- 1 qt. water, cold
- 3 qt. (3 lb) onions, dry, cut into slices 1/4-inch thick
- 5 qt. (3 lb) peppers, sweet, fresh, cut into 1/2 ring slices
- Place pork in roasting pan. Combine Soy sauce, vinegar and spices. Pour over pork, stir to blend. Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours to marinate.
- Place pan in oven and cook 2 hours or until pork is done. Stir occasionally.
- Mix cornstarch and 1 qt water; stir into pork mixture and continue to cook until very thick, about 10 minutes. Skim off fat.
- Separate onions into rings. Add onions and peppers; cook only until crisp tender, about 20 minutes.
Leave a review or comment