Polenta with Broccoli Rabe and Fontina Cheese copyright 2011 art of living,PrimaMedia,Inc/Maria Liberati
- 2 pounds of fresh Broccoli Rabe-cleaned
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 small dried red hot peppers
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup of cornmeal
- 8 ounces of fontina cheese
- Wash and clean broccoli rabe, cutting off the bottom, hard part. Place in boiling water and cook till tender- about 30-40 minutes. Drain well. Place olive oil in saute pan with garlic cloves and dried red hot peppers (pepperoncini). Saute for about 30 seconds. Chop cooked broccoli rabe and place in saute pan with olive oil. Place in approx 1/2 cup water. Saute for approximately 15 minutes.
- Cook polenta as directed on package. Place polenta in oven proof dishes. Place broccoli rabe in center of polenta, place grated fontina cheese on top of broccoli rabe, place a drizzle of olive oil on top and place under broiler till fontina cheese is bubbly..
Leave a review or comment