PMMA PLASTIC INJECTION MOLDING PROCESSServings: 1by alvarad982stedk22 recipes>
PMMA, i.e. polymethyl methacrylate, also known as acrylic or organic glass, is a transparent thermoplastic with a relative density of 1.19, which is higher than that of water. With a high surface glossiness, the PMMA products are characterized by strength, rigidity and toughness. The process features of PMMA: due to the high viscosity, PMMA has a poor fluidity. Therefore, a high material temperature and a high injection pressure must be applied during the injection molding process, among which the influence of injection temperature is greater than that of injection pressure. However, the increase of injection pressure helps improve product shrinkage. PMMA enjoys a wide range of injection temperature – melting pressure is 160℃, but the decomposition temperature is as high as 270℃ – so, material temperature is allowed to be adjusted within a wide range for better manufacturability. As a result, the improvement of viscosity can be carried out from the perspective of injection temperature. PMMA features a poor impact resistance and abrasion resistance, easily scratched and broken, so mold temperature should be raised to improve the condensation process, and thus overcome these defects. • mold manufacturer china • china mold maker • china mold factory The injection molding performance: PMMA is an amorphous polymer which does not possess a clear melting point. Usually, it becomes soft when heated to 160℃ and starts to flow at around 180℃, while the decomposition temperature is 270℃. With a wide range of adjustable injection temperature (usually between 180 to 240℃), the material absorbs moisture slightly. Therefore, it needs to be dried under 100℃ conditions for 2 – 3h before production starts. Shrinkage rate is 5‰, with an overflow limit value of 0.05mm.
- Jasonmould is a China mold maker of plastic molds- injection mold, die casting moulds, plastic blow molding, rotational molding, medical plastic injection molding, two shot plastic injection molding, insert molding, overmolding, metal injection molding, micro injection molding, powder injection molding, ceramic injection molding, liquid injection molding, husky injection molding, household mold, casting mold, die mold tool, custom molds, china moulds, rapid prototyping tooling, plastic prototyping tooling, punch press tooling, die and tooling for mobile/ cell phone parts, automotive parts, vacuum cleaners, rechargeable tools, telephones, copiers, computers, multimedia speakers, and many other electronic products and household appliances. And also a plastic product manufacturer, mold manufacturer China– plastic parts, plastic water tank, plastic balls, plastic containers, plastic buckle, plastic anchor, plastic hanger, plastic spoon, plastic pipe fitting, plastic tumble, plastic tableware, plastic cups, plastic bottles, plastic tray, plastic cosmetic container, plastic case, plastic food container, plastic chairs, plastic caps, plastic cap closure, plastic tubes, plastic water pipes, plastic knobs, plastic tubing, plastic utility boxes, plastic racks and so on.
- Coupon Code free shipping coupon code: freeshipping on any order over 5000USD from jasonmolding.com
- For more information visit here…
- Person: James Yuan
- Company: JasonMould Industrial Company Limited
- Add: LongGang Village,LongXi Town,BoLuo County,HuiZhou City,GuangDong Province, China
- Tel: 86-752-6682869
- Email: [email protected]
- JasonMould Industrial Company Limited, established in 2010, is a leading injection moulding manufacturer in China. JasonMould specializes in plastic mould production for household appliances, medical equipments, electronic equipments, safety equipments as well as monitoring system.
Leave a review or comment