Plantain/Banana frittersPrep: 15 min Cook: 5 min Servings: 1by Lourdes Princy14 recipes>
Deep fried flour coated ripe plantains that make an excellent tea time snack.
- Ripe Plantains/nendram pazham 1
- All purpose flour 2 tablespoons
- Rice flour 2 tsp
- Salt a pinch
- Sugar to taste 2 tsp(optional)
- Turmeric powder a pinch
- Baking soda a pinch (optional)
- Oil to deep fry
- Slice the plantains into round slices or into long wedges or you can use it on the whole too.
- Mix the all purpose flour and rice flour with salt,sugar and turmeric powder.Add lil water to make a not too loose batter such that it coats the plantain slices.
- Heat oil and drop the coated plantain pieces one by one and fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve crispy hot pazham pori/bhajjis with tea :)
Leave a review or comment