Pizza on Tawa/ Homemade Pizza/ Healthy PizzaPrep: 25 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 2by Preeti garg5 recipes>
Today I post Tawa Pizza or homemade wheat flour pizza. It’s a very simple pizza which can be made quickly at home. I have made the pizza dough at home in this recipe with wheat flour without using of refined flour (maida) and yeast which is very good source of fibres, manganese and selenium. You can say, here we use whole wheat flour roti for base. For the topping, use mix veggies like onion, tomatoes, capsicum, corn, or whatever your child or family members like. I have made this pizza on non-stick pan, its good option for those who have not oven at home.
- for the Pizza Dough
- 2 cup wheat flour
- Salt to taste
- Water for dough
- For the Topping
- Pizza topping sauce
- 1tbsp. fine chopped carrot
- 1tbsp. capsicum , cut into small pieces
- 1tbsp. tomatoes cut into dice
- 1 tbsp. onion cut into dice
- ½ tbsp. sweet corn
- 1/2 cup thickly grated processed or mozrella cheese
- Butter for cooking
- Salt to taste
- chaat masala
- chilli flakes
- For the Pizza Dough
- Combine wheat flour and salt together, now add water in a flour to make dough like a chapatti/Indian flat bread. Take a big portion of dough and roll it as little thick by rolling pin. Keep the heat tawa on high flame. When see just white patches, turn it, see the below pictures. Cook second side little bit more (fully cook).
- How to prepare topping for Pizza
- Heat a non-stick kadhai, add butter and cook all veggies mixture on a medium flame for 4-6 minutes with salt. Keep aside to cool.
- How to cook Pizza on Tawa
- Apply Â½ tsp. of pizza sauce on the pizza base (cook well side use for topping) and spread it evenly. If pizza sauce not available, spread tomato ketchup on the base.
- Sprinkle the cook vegetables on top and spread them gently. Sprinkle the grated cheese evenly. Heat the butter on a non-stick tawa and gently place the pizza on it, such that the bottom of the pizza faces tawa.
- Cover the pizza with a deep vessel or deep plate and cook on a medium flame till the base becomes crisp and the cheese melts. Serve hot with chilli flakes, chaat masala and oregano.
Leave a review or comment