Pinoy Suman sa IbosPrep: 30 min Cook: 120 min Servings: 1by ShaleeDP1124 recipes>
This is another variety of 'suman'. What I grew up with is the other type of suman but this is just as good, presented in a different packaging.
- 4 cups malagkit rice (glutinous rice)
- 1 & 1/2 tbsp salt
- 3 cups thick coconut milk
- Buli leaves (for wrapping the suman)
- Wash rice and soak with water until it swells. Mix with 2 cups coconut milk and salt.
- Wrap mixture in prepared buli leaves (do not fill them up completely).
- Place suman in large container.
- Fill with water and remaining 1 cup coconut milk until suman is completely immersed.
- Let boil until suman is cooked, normally a couple of hours.
- Usually served with caramelized sugar and ripe mangoes
Leave a review or comment