Pinoy Cassava CakePrep: 15 min Cook: 60 min Servings: 1by ShaleeDP1124 recipes>
One of the Filipino rice cakes that many enjoyed and loved.
- 2 pounds Cassava root, grated
- 1 can Coconut Cream
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- 3 Eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 1 stick or 1/2 cup Butter, melted
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup grated Cheese (optional)
- Topping: • 1 can Condensed Milk
- 1/3 cup Coconut Cream
- 3 Egg yolks
- 1/2 cup grated Cheese
- Mix together all the cassava ingredients except the topping.
- Portion the mix into 2 separate baking pans (or one rectangular pan) and pop them in the oven. Bake for 35 - 40 mins or until the top is firm and set.
- Mix together the topping and simmer for a minute. Set aside.
- Pour the topping onto the cake and bake for another 15 minutes or until golden brown. Test for doneness - please see Cook's Tip below.
- Let the Cassava Cake cool down for about 30 minutes or longer before slicing and serving.
Leave a review or comment