Pineapple upside downcake (off of Vegweb.com)Prep: 10 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 8by Johanna Coursey4 recipes>
I will not kid you this cake is sweet! And for me that would have to be pretty sweet. but, my oldest son said I dont like this cake I love it! what does that say. Its good. I dont remember what a store bought version of this cake tastes like so i cant honestly tell you if its the same.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks in unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/4 cup unpacked brown sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Pour juice off can of pineapple into 1 cup measuring cup-it should be about 3/4 cup juice. Add water to make 1 cup. In a separate bowl, combine the pineapple juice, oil, and vinegar.
- 2. Dump pineapple chunks into the bottom of a 12" spring form pan (you could use an 8" x 8" or other sized spring form, just adjust cooking time). Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- 3. Quickly mix wet ingredients into dry, stirring quickly to combine ingredients well and get out the big lumps. Pour into pan on top of the pineapple/brown sugar mix.
- 4. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, or until golden on top and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. (Baking time will depend on pan size) Let cool and loosen sides of cake from pan. Remove side ring and place serving plate on top. Flip cake over onto serving plate and remove pan bottom.
- Eat. Yumm.
Leave a review or comment