Pierogies With Mushroom Sauce
- 2 pkt Frzn potato-onion pierogies
- 4 Tbsp. Butter
- 10 ounce Button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 med Onion, minced
- 2 Tbsp. Lowfat sour cream
- In a large pot, bring sufficient water to cover the pierogies to a boil. Place pierogies in boiling water and cook through. Remove pierogies from heat and strain. In a medium skillet, heat 2 Tbsp. of butter. Add in the sliced mushrooms and stir till they are coated with butter. Add in the minced onion to the skillet and saute/fry till the onions are soft and the mushrooms begin to give up their liquid. Remove the skillet from heat and add in the lowfat sour cream and stir till just combined.
- In another skillet, heat the remaining 2 Tbsp. of butter. Add in the cooked pierogies to the skillet and saute/fry till browned. Transfer the pierogies to a serving platter and spoon the mushroom sauce on top.
Leave a review or comment