Phyllo Dough Tomato & Cheese & Herb TartletPrep: 11 min Cook: 16 min Servings: 6by "Cheffie Cooks"518 recipes>
What a fabulous dish for a Sunday Brunch! Elegant and flavorful a winning combination.
- 16 sheets Phyllo Dough
- 1/4 stick melted sweet cream butter
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Ripe Tomatoes sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup Gruyere Grated Cheese
- 1/2 cup Shredded Mozzarella
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley chopped
- A few fresh basil leaves chopped
- Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
- Pre Heat Oven 375 F
- On a clean work surface stack phyllo dough, using a pie plate (I use pyrex) add one sheet of Phyllo and brush with butter and olive oil (Combine melted butter and olive oil in a small bowl, stir to mix), stagger the next sheet of Phyllo Dough and brush on butter/oil mixture, repeat with each sheet of Phyllo dough (Be patient with this step-it'll be so worth it!).
- Slice the tomatoes
- Combine both cheeses
- Chopped parsley and basil
- Add sliced tomatoes to the top, then cheese, repeat one more time (tomato slices/cheese) add herbs and place into the hot oven and bake 14-16 minutes or until Phyllo Dough is golden brown and cheese and tomatoes are baked
- Cut into triangles, serve and enjoy.
Leave a review or comment