Peppers Stuffed With Tofu And Rice
- 1 x Onion, minced fine
- 1 x Rib of celery, minced fine
- 1/2 c. Mushrooms, minced fine
- 1 c. Brown rice, cooked
- 1 c. Mixed vegetables, canned,
- Frzn, or possibly minced fresh
- Then boiled or possibly
- 1 c. Tofu
- x Freshly grnd black pepper
- 4 x 6 green bell peppers
- 2 can Campbells tomato soup
- All measurements are approximate! If making your own mixed veg I suggest carrot, potato, corn, and peas. Cut the carrot and potato small, to about the size of the peas and corn. Microwave till tender.
- Saute/fry onion, celery and mushrooms in lots of vegetable stock till soft.
- Mix equal amounts of cooked rice, mixed veg. and tofu in bowl. Add in cooked onion mix and freshly grnd black pepper to bowl.
- Slice the top off of the peppers and reserve. Remove the seed from the peppers then add in peppers to boiling water. Boil very briefly, about 2 - 4 min. Remove from pot and rinse with cool water. Arrange peppers in baking dish. Fill each with tofu mix. (Extra stuffing can be frzn).
- Pour tomato soup over the peppers. Replace cap over each pepper (or possibly sprinkle with low fat cheese). Put lid on baking dish and bake at 180 degrees Celsius or possibly 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 45 min.
Leave a review or comment