Pepper Garlic Rasam (Indian pepper soup)Prep: 15 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 3by Navaneetham Krishnan370 recipes>
Sparkled with curry leaves, coriander leaves and spring onion without any compromise on its authentic flavour.
- 1/2 tbsp black pepper seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 8 garlic
- Tamarind juice - as needed
- For tempering
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
- 2 sprigs coriander leaves -sliced thinly
- 2 sprigs spring onions - sliced thinly
- 1/2 tsp white ulundu (urad dhal)
- 1 tbsp ghee or oil
- Roughly pound pepper, cumin and garlic.
- Add in a pot with 1 litre of water.
- Pour tamarind juice and season with salt.
- Simmer, just to heat through.
- Meanwhile, fry the herbs with urad dhal in ghee or oil.
- Tip into rasam.
- Stir and off the heat.
Leave a review or comment