- 1 tsp. plus 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 TBSP light corn syrup
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Line a 9-in. square pan with foil; grease foil with 1 teaspoon butter.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine sugars, milk, corn syrup and salt.
- Bring to a rapid boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 234° (soft-ball stage).
- Remove from heat. Add vanilla and remaining butter to pan (do not stir).
- Cool, without stirring, to 110°, about 40 minutes.
- Beat with a spoon until fudge just begins to thicken.
- Add walnuts; continue beating until fudge becomes very thick and just begins to lose its sheen (about 10 minutes total).
- Immediately spread into prepared pan. Cool.
- Using foil, lift fudge out of pan.
- Remove foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares.
- Store between layers of waxed paper in airtight containers.
Leave a review or comment