- 1 large pot 3/4 full with water, boiling
- 1 whole duck, head on
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1 cup molasses
- 2 cups oil, hot
- Soak the whole duck in the large pot of boiling water. Remove it as soon as the skin changes color.
- Sprinkle the inside of the duck with sugar, salt, and five-spice powder. Rub the skin of the duck with molasses. Truss the duck with string and hang in an airing place for 2 hours, or put the duck in the refrigerator overnight without any cover. This will dry the skin of the duck so that it will be crispy.
- Preheat rotisserie oven to 375 degrees and bake for 45 minutes or until the skin is reddish brown.
- Before serving, pour hot oil over the skin to increase the crispiness.
Leave a review or comment