I use Maple syrup instead of the Karo syrup! So good!
And, no need to add salt (many of us get too much already).
Pecan TassiesPrep: 15 min Cook: 25 min Servings: 24by Tami3 recipes>
Miniature pecan pies pretty much sums up the flavor but these are even better. I don’t care for pecan pie as it is too sweet for me. However this portion controlled delicate golden brown crust filled with a gooey pecan filling is just right.
- 1 – 3 ounce package cream cheese – left soften at room temperature
- ½ cup + 1 tablespoon butter – left soften at room temperature
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon light Karo syrup
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 2/3 cup pecans, chopped
- Cheese Pastry:
- Blend together cream cheese and butter, stir in flour. Chill covered about an hour in the refrigerator. Shape into two dozen 1-inch balls. Place in ungreased (I give it a little spray with non stick spray for good measure) Teflon coated mini muffin pan. Shape into small pie crusts.
- Mix brown sugar, egg, Karo syrup, 1 tablespoon of butter, vanilla extract, salt and pecans. Put one teaspoon of filling into each pastry and bake for 25 minutes in a preheated 325 degree oven. Cool and remove from pan.
- Makes 2 dozen
Leave a review or comment