PEAR almond Molasses Spice torte cakeServings: 8by Foodessa345 recipes>
PEAR almond Molasses Spice torte cake (upside down / reverse cake): Pears land upside down within a fragrant batter enhanced by aromatic spices. For a dedicated post…refer to: https://www.foodessa.com/2019/05/upside-down-pear-almond-spice-cake.html
- . > Cake foundation:
- . 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- . 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- . 3 large, firm, ripe (Bartlet or Bosc) pears (peeled, halved and carefully cored)
- . > WET cake ingredients:
- . 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- . 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- . 1/2 cup grape seed oil
- . 1/4 cup fancy Molasses
- . zest of 1 small lemon or orange
- . 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, finely grated
- . 4 xLarge eggs (room temp.)
- .> DRY cake ingredients:
- . 1 cup All Purpose flour
- . 1 cup ground Almond flour
- . 1-1/2 tsps. baking powder
- . SPICES: 1/2 tsp. ground ginger...1/2 tsp. ground cardamom... 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon spice...1/4 tsp. sea salt...1/4 tsp. ground all spice...1/8 tsp. fresh, grated nutmeg
- . Pre-heat the oven at 350F. Use a 10 inch round cake pan (not springform). Position the rack in the center of the oven.
- . > Cake foundation: Put the butter in the cake pan. Set it in the oven for no more than 5 minutes. Afterwards, remove the pan to add the brown sugar. Stir with a spatula to combine. Place the pear halves in a circular design keeping the pear cores looking upwards and wider sides towards the perimeter of the pan. Set the cake pan aside.
- . > Cake batter: In a medium bowl, put together ALL the DRY ingredients. Whisk it to combine. Set aside. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Then, beat in the oil and molasses. Then, add in the lemon zest, fresh ginger followed by the eggs. Keep beating on medium speed for about 1 more minute. Add in the prepared DRY mix all at once. Beat on LOW speed for about 30 seconds until traces of flour has disappeared. Do not over mix. Pour the batter evenly over the prepared pear design.
- . BAKE for no more than 45 minutes in a dark pan. Once out of the oven, place the pan onto a rack and let it rest for 15 minutes. Afterwards, pass a knife around the perimeter. Place a serving plate on top of the pan and carefully flip it over. Wait a few seconds before slowly removing the pan to reveal your beautiful cake. Let it cool for about 1 hour before serving.
- Note: tastes even better the next day. Keeps for about 3 days at room temperature. Freeze any leftovers in plastic wrap and into a freezer bag.
- . Flavourful wishes from Claudia's kitchen...Foodessa.com
Leave a review or comment