Peach and Jalapeño BBQ SauceServings: 1by TheRecipeHunter4 recipes>
This sweet and spicy peach and jalapeño BBQ sauce goes great with pork, chicken, turkey or beef.
- 4 ripe peaches, sliced
- 1 small onion (yellow or white), quartered
- 2 jalapeños, halved and seeded
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup favorite bbq sauce (I used Pa Paw's Hot Killer BBQ Sauce)
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- Pinch ground ginger
- Pinch ground mustard
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat broiler.
- Place top rack six inches from heat.
- Arrange peach slices, jalapeño halves and quartered onions on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Broil 10-15 minutes or until the peaches are softened and the onions and jalapeño skins are darkened.
- Allow to cool, then peel skins from peaches.
- Add peaches, onions, peppers, ketchup, bbq sauce and tomato sauce to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a saucepan and add remaining ingredients through the mustard
- Simmer on low for 15 minutes (watch for splattering!)
- Add the paprika, stir and taste.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Leave a review or comment