Pasta Miss ALFREDO no creamPrep: 15 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 2by Foodessa345 recipes>
Usually leaner, sleeker and slightly more health conscious than Mr. heavy cream Alfredo... Miss Alfredo offers you an amazing flavourful rosé pasta sauce oozing of CHEESY CREAMINESS. For a detailed post...refer to: http://www.foodessa.com/2010/06/pasta-miss-alfredo-with-no-cream.html
- . > (American / Metric measures) <
- .1/2 lb. (250g) dry Linguini pasta
- . sea salt for the boiling water
- 1 cup (200g) 'White / Navy' beans
- 1/2 cup (100g) Feta cheese (goat milk preferred)
- 1 cup (250ml) milk (1-2%) or other non-dairy choice
- 1/4 cup (60ml) mild 'Ajvar' spread (mostly a roasted red pepper purée)
- 1/2 cup (90g) Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup (20g) flat, Italian parsley leaves
- . Prepare a large pot of boiling water. Add the sea salt.
- . Meanwhile, in a blender: combine the beans, feta cheese, milk and 'Ajvar' or roasted red pepper and blend until smooth.
- . Start cooking the pasta usually for about 5 minutes depending on brand chosen.
- . Meanwhile, pour the cheesy bean sauce into a large saucepan over MEDIUM heat and bring it to a slight boil. Turn off the heat while your pasta is cooking.
- . Add the Parmesan cheese and some of the parsley into the sauce and give it a quick stir.
- . When the pasta has reached the 'al dente' stage, drain it well and add it immediately into the creamy mixture. Cover the pot for about 2 minutes so that the pasta will soak up all that creaminess.
- Plate your linguini with a little more grated parmesan and garnish with the remaining parsley.
- . Flavourful wishes from Claudia's kitchen...FOODESSA.com
Leave a review or comment