Paradiso Green Bean Salad with Olives, Capers Cherry Tomatoes and a lemon Garlic Dressing
From what is probably my favorite restaurant of any I have visited.
- 300g green beans
- 150g sugar snap peas
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1T small capers
- 16 Kalmata olives, pitted and halved
- salt and pepper to taste
- handful of fresh oregano leaves
- Trim the beans and sugar snaps and cut to appropriate size as necessary.
- Cook the beans in boiling water for two minutes, then plunge into ice water for 30 seconds to stop cooking.
- Drain beans.
- Place beans in bowl with sugar snaps, tomatoes, capers and oregano.
- Add the olives.
- Pour in enough dressing (of juice and rind of one lemon, about a cup of olive oil and 2 crushed cloves of garlic. Whisk together or even better, use a hand blender for a nice emulsion). to generously coat the salad, add a little salt and freshly ground pepper, and toss to combine.
- If serving on individual plates, sprinkle the capers,and olives on each so they are evenly distributed.
Leave a review or comment