Papaya And Pomegranate Dessert India
- 3 sm Ripe papayas
- 2 x Pomegranates
- 10 fl ounce Double cream
- 1 Tbsp. Icing sugar, (1 to 2)
- 2 Tbsp. Cointreau
- Mint leaves to decorate
- Trim both ends of the papaya and cut in half lengthways. Carefully ease away the seeds with a tsp. and scrape off the white membrane.
- Cut the pomegranate in half lengthways, remove the seeds with a fork and set aside. If the pomegranate is really fresh and ripe, you can peel the outer skin like an orange. Remove the white membrane and pith.
- Whip the cream and icing sugar together till light and fluffy, then stir in the Cointreau.
- Line individual serving dishes with some of the pomegranate seeds and place a papaya half in the centre. Fill the hollows with the Cointreau-flavoured cream. Top with the remaining pomegranate seeds and decorate with mint leaves. Refrigeratefor a couple of hrs.
Leave a review or comment