Panera / Saint Louis Bread Co's Tomato, Salami, Spinach Pani
- 1 x Rosemary and Onion Focaccia split horizontally
- 1/2 c. Panera Bread Dipping Sauce for Bread
- 1 lb hard Italian salami thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 x red onion thinly sliced
- 3/4 lb Provolone cheese thinly sliced
- Spread dipping sauce on the top and bottom of the focaccia. Arrange half of the cheese slices on the bottom piece of the focaccia. Add in a layer of the spinach, salami, red onion and the other half of the cheese. Place the top of the focaccia on the sandwich and cut the sandwich in quarters.
- Spray a large, heavy skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Add in the sandwiches to the pan. Press down frequently and firmly with the back of a spatula, till the bread is toasted, about 3 to 4 min. Carefully turn the sandwiches over and heat the other sides, again pressing firmly with the spatula for an additional 3 to 4 min.
- This recipe yields 4 sandwiches.
- Comments: Our Rosemary and Onion Focaccia is the perfect partner for this colorful and zesty Italian sandwich.
Leave a review or comment