Pancit Guisado HomemadeServings: 1by ShaleeDP1124 recipes>
Yummy rice noodles!
- 2 lbs. chicken fryer (whole chicken)
- 1/4 lb. pork
- 3 tbsp. oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp. patis (fish sauce)
- 1/4 lb. shrimps, shelled, deveined and halved
- 1 medium carrot, cut into strips
- 1-1/2 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1 lb. bihon (rice vermicelli or rice sticks), soaked in warm water for 15 minutes and drained
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 hard cooked eggs, shelled and quartered
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Cover chicken and pork with water in a pot. Bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat. Save 4 cups of broth.
- Remove meat from chicken and slice into thin strips. Cut pork about the same size as chicken meat.
- In a large skillet, sauté garlic and onion in hot oil. Add meats and patis and stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add 2 cups of broth, simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in shrimps and vegetables, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and add bihon, salt and pepper. Cook stirring until bihon is tender. Add more broth (a little at a time, so it will not become soggy) if mixture becomes too dry before noodles are done.
- Remove from heat and serve.
Leave a review or comment