Pancit Bihon (Filipino Pancit)Prep: 30 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 6by Marelie38 recipes>
Growing up,I knew that Pancit is associated with long life.Part of our tradition and culture is to prepare Pancit during any form of celebration especially birthday and anniversary.Until now,my mother-in-law reminds me to cook Pancit whenever my son or my daughter celebrates their birthday.The good old Pancit Bihon..but you know what?I never wait for any occasion,I cook it anytime I want it.Here's my recipe of Pancit Bihon,this is very personal and because I learned it alone and believe me,cooking Pancit is easy but the authentic taste is quite difficult to achieve.There should be balance between all the ingredients and the most important things to consider:the amount and combination of soy sauce and the way the noodles is cooked.
- 250 grams rice vermicelli(bee hon) soaked in water for 20 minutes and drained using collander
- 1 tbsp oil + 3 tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup fried chopped bacon
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 6 cloves grated garlic
- 20 pcs medium prawn cleaned and shelled
- 150 grams pork but shoulder sliced thinly marinate for 20 minutes in:1 tsp rice wine,a dash of pepper and sugar
- 150 grams chicken breast sliced thinly marinate for 20 minutes in:1 tsp rice wine,a dash of pepper and sugar
- 2 to 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tbsp of light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of thick,dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of oyster sauce
- 2 tsp ground white pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 cup fresh Shitake mushroom slices
- 1/2 cup carrot julienne cut
- 1/2 cup sweet peas julienne cut
- 1 cup cabbage cut into medium squares
- Heat a saucepan,put 1 tbsp oil and fry the bacon until brown.Set Aside
- Add 3 tbsp oil to the sauce pan and caramelized onion then add garlic
- Saute until aroma comes out then add the pork slices,cook stir frying for 10 minutes
- Add chicken and prawn,saute for 10 minutes.
- Then add in rice vermicelli,fried bacon,shitake mushroom,chicken broth,light soy sauce,thick and dark soy sauce,oyster sauce,ground pepper and sugar.
- Cook in medium heat for about 10 minutes
- Then add the veggies:carrot,cabbage and sweet peas.
- Cook for another 5 minutes or until the rice noodle is cook.
- Drizzle with sesame oil
- Serve hot with Lumpiang Shanghai and soy calamansi dipping.
Leave a review or comment