Pancakes with Chinese duckPrep: 10 min Cook: 40 min Servings: 2by Spoonof27 recipes>
For those who like Chinese kitchen, I’d suggest these amazing pancakes with Chinese duck. Surprisingly I made the most crispy and juicy duck ever! It was amazing. My pancakes did not match what I was eating at one of the finest Chinese restaurants in London, but it was really delicious. Just different. The most important thing is that it was tasty.
- 1 Duck breast
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 teaspoon of Light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of Rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of Olive oil
- Pinch of Pepper
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 Leek
- 3 Spring onions
- 4 tablespoons of Hoisin sauce
- 1/2 cup of Flour
- 2/3 cup of Boiling water
- Mix soy sauce, rice vinegar, salt, olive oil, and pepper. Soak both duck breast sides in the marinade and put in a bowl, leave overnight.
- In a heat-resistant bowl mix flour and salt. Pour water and mix the dough until it becomes solid. If it's still sticky, add some flour.Then roll the dough in nutritional film and rest it for one hour. After that, make an elongated piece of dough and cut it into 12 equal pieces.
- Apply 6 pieces of dough with oil and place the remaining pieces on them. Scrape the dough by forming small round pancakes. Then fry in a frying pan without oil from both sides for 30-45 seconds. After about 30 seconds, take the pancakes over the edges and separate them from each other. If you rolled the dough well, they should be easily separated. Cover pancakes with a towel and keep it cool.
- Fry duck-in an oven-resistant frying pan, heat a spoon of oil in it. Put marinated duck breast in a frying pan and fry it for 8 minutes on both sides. The skin has to become crispy. Then transfer the pan to an oven heated to 200° C, turn on the grill option. Bake for 10 minutes, after that, remove duck from oven and rest it for 10-15minutes more. Then cut the meat into strips.
- Fill pancakes - apply hoisin sauce, put the duck breast and strawed vegetables, then roll over and have a bite :)
Leave a review or comment