Palal Paneer (Cottage Cheese With Spinach)
- 1 bunch spinach
- paneer aka cottage cheese cut into delicate sized cubes (120 gms)
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable veg. oil
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 lime
- 1 small green chilli
- 1. Wash the spinach leaves.
- 2. Boil water in a deep utensil. Add in salt.
- 3. When the water comes to a boil, add in the spinach leaves and cook for 2 min only.
- 4. Drain the leaves and immediately run cool water over them to stop the cooking process.
- 5. In a blender, add in the chilli and the spinach leaves with two Tbsp. of water. Blend to a smooth paste.
- 6. Meanwhile, chop the garlic very fine.
- 7. In a cooking utensil, heat the oil over a medium flame.
- 8. Once warm, add in the cumin.
- 9. When the cumin starts changing colour, add in the garlic and fry for about 30 seconds.
- 10. Add in the spinach and then the paneer.
- 11. A quick squeeze of lime, to prevent the spinach from oxidation and to retain the fresh green colour.
- 12. Serve immediately with rice.
Leave a review or comment