Palak Anda CurryPrep: 20 min Cook: 25 min Servings: 4by Hina Gujral170 recipes>
What a delicious, blissful Palak Anda Curry Recipe we’ve got going on, and just in time for the upcoming icy-cold winter days. The rustic spinach curry combined with boiled eggs is the answer to the question ‘What could be an alternative to traditional egg curry?’
- For the spinach puree
- 1 large-bunch of fresh spinach leaves, chopped
- 1 green chili chopped
- Ingredients for the gravy
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 1 bay leafy (tej patta)
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 Cup onion paste
- 2 medium-size tomato paste
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp coriander powder (dhania)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 Cup cream
- 2 tbsp refined oil
- Boil water in a large saucepan with a pinch of salt.
- In another bowl keep ice-cold water ready. Set aside.
- Add chopped spinach in the boiling water. Cook for 2 - 3 minutes or till the spinach leaves turn tender. Turn off the heat.
- Drain the water and add the blanched spinach in ice cold water for 1 - 2 minutes.
- Transfer spinach leaves to a metal colander. Allow to cool.
- Blend the spinach and green chili together. The spinach paste should be bit chunky not a smooth puree. Transfer to a bowl. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep saucepan, over medium flame.
- Add the bay leaf and fry for few seconds.
- Next add the cumin seeds. Once the aroma of the seeds is released, add onion paste.
- Fry over low heat, till the paste leaves the sides of the pan and turn light golden in color.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and fry for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and fry for 1 - 2 minutes. Add the coriander, turmeric, red chili powder, salt, stir and cook till the oil separates from the masala.
- Add the spinach puree along with 1/4 Cup of water. Stir to mix. Once the gravy comes to boil reduce the heat to low, and let the spinach cook for about 10 minutes uncovered.
- After 10 minutes add the cream and garam masala. Stir to mix. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Slice the boiled eggs and fold gently in the spinach gravy. Allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Before serving Palak Anda Curry garnish with a tablespoon of cream.
- Serve Palak Anda Curry warm with Naan ( see recipe ) or Phulka.
Leave a review or comment