Pad ThaiPrep: 15 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 4by Culinary Envy188 recipes>
Make this easy Pad Thai recipe at home with rice noodles, ground chicken, crisp vegetables and crunchy peanuts in a homemade savory-sweet sauce.
- 4 ounces rice noodles, cooked to package directions and rinsed
- 1 zucchini
- 1 red bell pepper
- ½ onion
- 2 carrots
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ lb ground chicken, optional
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- ⅓ cup unsalted peanuts, chopped
- ¼ bunch fresh cilantro, leaves only, roughly chopped
- ½ cup bean spouts
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon chili paste
- Cook the noodles according to package directions and set aside.
- Cut zucchini, red pepper, onion and carrots into long thin strips and set aside.
- Mix all sauce ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Cook the ground chicken, salt, pepper and garlic powder, until done (165°F). Set aside in a small bowl. We will use the same pan for the vegetables.
- Add a little more oil to the same pan and put in vegetables. Cook about 4-5 minutes, stirring constantly. Push the veggies to one side and add the beaten egg to the other side of the pan. Cook just until the egg solidifies, but is still moist. Add in the chicken, drained noodles and sauce mixture and stir all together until well mixed. Remove from stove into a large bowl and stir in the peanuts, cilantro and bean sprouts. Enjoy!
Leave a review or comment