Overnight Yeast Rolls
- 3 Tbsp. Yeast
- 1 c. Water hot 105F
- 1 c. Shortening
- 1 c. Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 c. boiling water
- 2 lrg Large eggs
- 6 c. Flour
- Proof yeast in 2 c. measure and let stand 5 min.
- Combine shortening, sugar, and salt in mixing bowl. Add in boiling water and beat at medium speed with an electric mixer till smooth. Add in Large eggs and yeast mix, beating at low speed till blended. Gradually add in flour and mix completely. Cover workbowl and refrigeratefor 8 hrs.
- Shape into 1 inch balls and place 3 balls in each greased muffin c..
- Cover and let rise for 45 min or possibly double.
- Bake at 400F for 12 min or possibly till lightly browned.
- CINNAMON ROLLS:Divide chilled dough in half. Roll each portion into a 12 x 10 rectangle. Brush each rectangle with 2 Tbsp. melted butter. Combine 2/3 c. brown sugar, 1/2 c. raisins, and 1 Tbsp. cinnamon, Sprinkle over rectangles. Staring with a long side, roll up, jellyroll fashion and press edges to seal. Cut into 1 inch slices and place in lightly greased 13 x 9 pan. Let rise till double and bake as directed. Cold slightly.
- Combine 2 c. powdered sugar, 3 to 4 Tbsp. lowfat milk, and 1 tsp. vanilla. Drizzle over hot rolls.
- ORANGE ROLLS:Divide dough as above. Combine 2 1/2 c. powdered sugar, 2 tsp. grated orange rind, 1/4 c. butter, melted and 3 Tbsp. orange juice. Proceed as above.
- Combine 2 c. powdered sugar, 1/2 tsp. orange rind, and 3 Tbsp. orange juice. Proceed as above.
Leave a review or comment