Overnight Shrimp Newburg Strata
- 2 tsp Vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 c. Sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 c. Finely minced onion
- 7 slc Sourdough bread, (1-1/4-oz)
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 lb Medium-size fresh unpeeled shrimp
- 1/2 c. Grated Gruyere cheese, (2 ounces)
- 2 1/2 c. 1% low-fat lowfat milk
- 8 ounce Frzn egg substitute, (1 carton) thawed
- 1 Tbsp. Dry sherry
- 1/2 tsp Dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp Grnd nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/8 tsp Warm sauce
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add in mushrooms and onion; saute/fry 3 min or possibly till tender. Set aside.
- Arrange 3-1/2 bread slices in the bottom of a shallow 2-1/2 qt casserole coated with cooking spray.
- Peel, devein, and coarsely chop raw shrimp.
- Top bread with half of mushroom mix and half of shrimp. Arrange remaining 3-1/2 bread slices over shrimp; top with remaining mushroom mix and shrimp. Top with cheese.
- Combine lowfat milk and remaining ingredients in a bowl; stir well, and pour over casserole. Cover and refrigerateat least 8 hrs or possibly up to 24 hrs.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 deg for 55 min or possibly till a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Leave a review or comment