Overnight Lamb RoastPrep: 15 min Cook: 2 hours Servings: 12by RecipeKing176 recipes>
Overnight Lamb Roast is an easy to make and delicious recipe for an Patagonian style lamb roast; Patagonia is a region of Argentina. It marinates for 12 hours in a made from scratch marinade, included in this recipe. So plan a day ahead before starting this one. It will be well worth the wait and all your family and guests will love it. It will make a great presentation, and work well for Easter or any special meal. Even people who do not like lamb will love this one. Takes only 15 minutes preparation time. Makes 12 Servings. Source:
- 1 cup oil base Italian salad dressing
- 6 cloves garlic, divided
- 2 Tbsp paprika, divided
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 rolled boneless lamb shoulder, or leg roast (about 3.5 lb)*
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 fresh pimentos, cut into thin strips (about 3 cups)
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
- Place salad dressing, 3 garlic cloves, 1 Tbsp. paprika and bay leaf in a blender container; cover. Blend on high speed 2 minutes Pour into a large resealable plastic bag. Add lamb; seal bag. Turn bag over several times to evenly coat lamb with the dressing mixture. Refrigerate at least 12 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Remove lamb from marinade, reserving the marinade in a small saucepan. Place lamb, fat-side up, on rack of a roasting pan; set aside. Bring marinade to a boil; cook 1 minute Remove from heat. Brush onto lamb.
- Bake lamb 2 hours or until done (160° F.), brushing occasionally with the cooked marinade. Meanwhile, mince remaining 3 garlic cloves; set aside. Melt butter in a medium size skillet over medium heat. Add oil, garlic, remaining 1 Tbsp. paprika and pimientos; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in parsley. Place lamb on a serving plate; drizzle with the butter mixture.
Leave a review or comment