Open Face Egg Salad Sandwiches
- 4 lrg hard-boiled Large eggs peeled
- 1/4 c. minced red onion
- 5 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp minced fresh thyme
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 1/2 c. alfalfa sprouts or possibly radish sprouts
- 2 lrg slices multi-grain bread toasted
- Place Large eggs in large bowl; mash coarsely with back of fork. Fold in onion, mayonnaise, mustard and thyme. Season salad with salt and pepper. Mound salad, then sprouts on bread, dividing equally.
- This recipe yields 2 servings;
- can be doubled.
- Comments: This knife-and-fork sandwich is terrific with potato chips, pickles and marinated vegetables from a market salad bar or possibly the deli. Brownies a la mode are a delicious finish.
Leave a review or comment