Open Apple Tarts
- 1 package phyllo dough
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp butter, unsalted
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 tbsp caramel ice cream topping
- 4 tbsp whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray mini muffin baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Remove phyllo dough from packaging. Layer 6 sheets of phyllo dough with cooking spray. Slice into 1 inch strips then cut each strip into 2 inch segments. Press into mini muffin sheet.
- Combine lemon juice and apples in a mixing bowl. In a cast iron or heavy skillet, heat the butter until frothy. Add brown sugar and cook until dark in color; about 1-2 minutes. Add apples and toss. Transfer apples to the tart shells.
- Bake 6-7 minutes. Allow to cool slightly; top with sauce and whipped cream.
Leave a review or comment